How To Use Gmail
You can use a Gmail account for your clerk email.
Advantages of Gmail
- Ease of access: Gmail lets you check your email from any computer anywhere in the world. You only need a web browser program and a live internet connection.
- No additional software needed: Checking your email account through a Gmail’s interface requires only the web browser program and there are tons of these available – check the web browser list. Also ,Gmail looks almost the same in different browsers which makes it easy for beginners to access email from another computer.
- Gentler learning curve: In my opinion (and I say this with experience), it’s easier to learn to use email through a webmail interface than a dedicated email client. Don’t agree with me? Try teaching a 7 year old.
- Customizable and prettier: Nowadays, with the launch of themes, Gmail interfaces are highly customizable and definitely prettier than email clients.
- No need to own a computer: Since Gmail accounts can be used from any computer, you don’t need to own a machine yourself. This is such a boon for citizens of underdeveloped countries who can take the advantage of the new communications technology without buying expensive equipment.
- Updates and addition of new features: Gmail new features are being added continually to your account through the Gmail Labs. Also all these modifications and additions require little or no input from your side. Thus, there is often no need to download an upgrade and then install it!
- Storage space: People who use email programs may argue that the constrain of storage space for messages and attachments is a disadvantage of webmail. This is no longer true as Gmail provides up to 10 gigabytes of space which takes a lot of emails to match.ul>